Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fall

The heat of the past summer, is now a passed. Fall unfolds slowly. the temperatures drop.
I enjoy Indian Summer, the cool of the night, the mildness of the day. Fall here in the "Natural State" is such pleasant experience. Knowing that the fall will slip into winter without a big hurrah. Unlike the winters of Illinois along the shores of Lake Michigan at times can be bitter. Snow that swirls with the wind as it blows from the north. The endless gray dreary days. The first snow is always beautiful, it quickly turns to a sloppy slush of gray. Each snow is followed by sub zero temperatures. When you are a kid snow is fun. Snowball fights, snow forts outside till you are wet and cold. As you become older you shovel walks earning some pocket money. As an adult snow shovel becomes drudgery and back breaking. Now I am in Arkansas, where winter is more Mother Natures' joke. They become excited about a few inches of snow, the temperature rarely goes below 20 degrees. It is great to go bird watching without the bone chilling cold. I do miss chumming Gulls on Lake Michigan, searching for an elusive Snowy Owls. Winter here are spent finding wintering Eagles, Loons, Geese.

This past Friday we decided to take a road trip to Oklahoma. We took our "Little Green Angel" on it's maiden outing. We went south along Route 71 in Arkansas, to Route 70 going west into Oklahoma, then north on Route 259 through Eastern Oklahoma. It is called the Winding Staircase. We stopped at Beaver Bend State Park. They have a lovely museum on forestry. There were numerous wood sculptures of animals and birds. We added three more birds to our year list pushing it up to 207. We tallied 565+ Turkey Vultures, 45+ Black Vultures, 5 Bald Eagles. The drive was very scenic, we saw how beautiful God's creation is. We tend to be so rushed in our lives, that we often overlook the beauty before us. Fo me personally I strive each day to take time and marvel at the beauty of God's creation.

The feeder is up for the winter, yesterday it was empty. I filled early in the morning, within seconds  a bird text message went out that it was full. Within seconds there was a flurry of activity at the feeder. This morning the Collared Doves found their treat on the patio. It is rather comical to watch them. There was one that had not learned how to share. He was quite adamant about not letting anyone share in the buffet before him. He defended the buffet from any interlopers in getting a bite.  He chased off three other relatives from partaking. He chased one into the wall of the apartment, no serious damage to either.

I am antsy about next week, I am not a very good at waiting. Add to that I am not terribly fond of going to the doctor either. I stand on my faith that God has this in his hands. I am sure the tests will probably be unpleasant. In the past thirteen  months I have learned that God, handles problems, struggles far better than I do. I have learned that you need to get of the way and let God's faithfulness and mercy room to work. God, does not like his faithful ones to suffer unnecessarily. Believing God, does not give you a free pass in life.
When I first believed I thought that I would  have problem free life, that the struggles would be easy. When that did not happen I become angry disillusioned at God. Always asking why. The first years that I believed I lost my Mother, a house, a car. I was angry at God for this blaming Him. I ran from God, instead of running into His arms in times of trouble. I thought it was churches, I church hopped, till I gave up. I guess six years ago after loosing a job of 25 years, a failed marriage I was in the deepest  pit. Then I found a love like any I had known. She led me back to Christ, I redicated my life. I am wiser ( I think) now, I am maturing in my faith. I understand God at a deeper level. For the first time in my life I realized that my way, my control is not the best. That God, manages my life much better then I have ever. As I face this next mountain before me I have faith that God. will move it.

No comments:

Post a Comment