Thursday, November 4, 2010

For Today 4 November

Today is the 4th of November, I love fall days. Windows are open the morning air has just a bite to it. The afternoon sun warms the day comfortably. This fall in the "Natural State". The trees were decked out in their fall fashion colors of golds,reds, yellows. Quite striking against the blue sky. Only saw two Red Tail Hawks today. The seem to respect each others territories, evenly spaced boundaries.

Life is like snapshots, each snap shot a memory. I have adopted the "Natural State", as home. Days like this I miss being at the Hawk Watch, along the shores of Lake Michigan. I fondly remember the hours watching for hawks to crest over the horizon. Birding here has been as equally rewarding. I never tire of watching the American White Pelicans or the Eagles that winter here. Or the marvel of a Turkey Vulture scooting across the sky without a wing beat. Or the first time I saw a flock of Wood Storks. The long walk in the heat to be rewarded with a breathtaking view of them as they crossed the sky above me.

This past year has been a year of facing giants, I have shouted my God is bigger. It has been a year of personal reflection, taking a deep personal inventory. God has dealt with me in a very intimate way. I have God whisper to me in such powerful ways. After years of being a workaholic, striving for perfection in the job I did. I realize the great sacrifices that were made in trying to achieving that brass ring. The years of not spending Christmas at home, instead working. How my family suffered from the weird, long hours I put in each day. In the long run it really was not worth it at all. I was never appreciated for the extra effort. In the end of 35+ years there were no hurrahs, no glory. God, has shown me  such a deep love, deep faithfulness. I think about the years that I spent angry at God. God, is so forgiving, all you have to do is ask for his forgiveness. That walks in the valley are indeed better with God, holding your hand. God, will always see through the valley. When you are the weariest you will carry you. As I walked in the valley, I have learned to wait upon God. That I could not become impatient, that I needed to learn the lesson from God.

The one doctor that a person does not want an appointment with is the Oncologist. Even the mention of discussing the big "c" word is dreaded. As I faced the mountains in this past year, I stand on faith. Faith that God, is the greater healer. That God still performs miracles even today. That the tests that are forthcoming will be negative. I stand in faith with God, that he already has already handled this. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment