Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Today

Today  was beautiful, endless blue sky dotted with puffs of white clouds. The temperature has broken from the blistering heat of this past summer. It is good to have the windows open, to remove the stale air.
Last night as I laid in bed, I listened to the toads sing their nightly chorus. I was thinking how it seems as thought there less crickets this summer. I still have yet to see a firefly here. Remembering capturing fireflies on warm summer nights as a child. Those days seem far off into the past. This summer has been a summer to adjust to life with out a job.  I reflect back on last summer's torture at the job. A job that robbed, stole physical, mental, emotional health. God, works in mysterious ways that go beyond a human understanding.
God, show the pain and took action. Remember sitting there listening to lies, the temper rising as it has known to do. The moment before it erupted God muted, whispered that I answer to a higher authority.

In the year has followed God has worked in my life in ways that I have never known to be possible. The first lesson was about control, my way of trying to fix it on my own. When I have been faced with problems I have always wanted my own control, my way to solve it. The end results have not always been good. In the past it has been a battle with God. This time it was not a battle, rather submission to let Him control the problem. While is still a struggle today, I have faith that God's glory will prevail. I stand in faith  and wait upon God for his answer. This past year my faith and understanding of God's will, has become more clearer.
While the past is done, reflections, the lessons learned, linger. I thank God for his forgiveness for the multitude of sins and the people I have hurt. Such love, fogiveness from God for this wayward son, who has in past cursed God,  ran from God. I have learned that one can not hide from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment