Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snowy Day

Today is a snowy winter day here in the "Natural State".Reminisced of winter days in the mid-west. The brunt of the storm tracked to north of Fort Smith.
It broke a state record that was set in 1918. Nearly thirty inches of snow covered the ground, making travel risky. Arkansas, is not equipped to handle huge amounts of snow.  Drivers are unskilled in driving in snow conditions. We choose to stay put for today. Our patio and feeders have extremely busy. We are missing a bird feeder. The patient Juncos just wait until the boisterous assortment  of black birds frenzied feeding is done. I come to an conclusion you do not mess with a female Cardinal. She is one tough bird.

A month has been completed at the fitness center. Water aerobics three times a week has been a challenge. The forty five minute workout is intense the water makes it easier to do the workout. I realize that my coordination and balance has declined. More so then I had thought even out of the water  my balance is challenged. Arthritis has become an unwelcome invader. My neck, shoulders, back are degenerating. My spine has degenerated to a point that I have lost two inches of height. Every morning it is  a challenge to get out of the bed. I refuse to give in to the pain even though it has increased over the last couple years. It was easier to deal with when it was just a very arthritic knee. My back hurts constantly, my left knee is quickly becoming as arthritic  as my right. I work out also on the tread mill, the stationary bike. I try to reach my goal burning two thousand calories weekly. Carrying the baggage of excess weight for years. I see the results of a few pounds come off. Fitness has improved my attitude, the pain has increased. Like challenges I have faced I raise above the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment